So OK we all like a sweet treat from time to time. It can't be salads day in day out. How about trying my banana bread. It's healthier than your usual banana bread recipes but just as yummy. My kids love it! If you wrap it up well enough, it will last for a few days too.
You can also find this recipe in my eBook 'Time to in-diet yourself'
Give it a go and let me know what you thing
· 3 ripe bananas
· 2 eggs
· ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
· ⅓ cup honey
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 ½ cups wheat or wholemeal flour
· 1 cup blueberries
Approx. 1 hr
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. Mash the bananas. Mix eggs, yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and baking soda into mixture.
3. Add flour and mix together (can use a mixer/blender).
4. Add blueberries and gently fold into mixture.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch bread pan. Bake for about 50 mins, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean from the middle of the bread.
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.